Study Italian in Genoa
Perfectly located on the Italian Riviera, Genoa is an old port city with charm and architectural grace. Because of its lack of high tourism, Genoa affords its visitors an authentic Italian culture with affordable prices.
Its medieval old town is an intricate labyrinth of alleyways, where among the shops, restaurants, and local stores, visitors can catch sight of the city's noble past in its 16th century palazzos, baroque edifices, and Romanesque churches, looming over the little piazzas.
While Genoa is only an hour away from Milan, a world famous bustling city, it is also close to the small beautiful gems of Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Portofino and Santa Margherita.
Our Intensive Italian language courses take place all year round, from Monday to Friday, usually from 9am to 1pm (20 hours a week).
Students take a placement test in order to be placed at an appropriate level.
There are seven levels: beginner, elementary, pre-intermediate, intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced and proficiency according to European standards.
Our classes are very small (max.10 people) and no matter the location are held in the city centre. We feel that small class sizes are essential to facilitate the learning process and ensure that focus is placed on the learning requirements of the individual student, and on helping him/her to overcome any difficulties in a friendly environment. The range of courses offered allows the student to adapt the program to their individual needs.
Our Italian language courses start every Monday. Each student is encouraged to take a short test before starting a course so that his/her language needs can be ascertained, and it can be ensured that they are placed in a group of a similar level of ability and knowledge. On completion of a course the student will be awarded an attendance certificate; in addition, the students are also offered the opportunity to take the officially recognized tests.
- All materials are included.
- Small groups from three to 8 people, 10 maximum: These are the best conditions to provide individual help and to follow up each students progress.
- Classes are run by qualified teachers with specialized university degrees
- Each class is run by two different teachers to insure a varied and dynamic teaching experience
- Teachers focus on practical communication: students will directly improve during the lesson through oral training, conversation in real life situations, role plays, recordings and pronunciation.
- Lively and effective teaching methods: Teachers use a wide variety of regularly updated documents (audio and video tapes, newspapers, radio and TV, internet and exercises.